Welcome to my blog. Here is where I upload a recent collection of my works and provide a little bit of background detail to them. I am currently Really enjoying my drawing and will be using this space as an outlet for my creativity. My work tends to border somewhere between drawing and design and must be taken at face value. I do not claim to be fantastic (although feel free to call me that) but I enjoy what I do and I enjoy sharing it. Please feel free to leave any feedback on any of my posts, all interaction is appreciated. I hope you enjoy what you see.

Thursday 15 August 2013

Large Winged Black Ink Fairy - For Lauren

First Entry: Black Ink Fairy

My normal depictions of fairies, or at least female fairies, feature small and minimalist wings. These wings are long and slender, with perfect edges. They are typically raised and sturdy. However, after discussing my work with Lauren (most significant other) she asked me to try drawing more extravagant wings. After some trial and error I settled on a design I felt happy with, so this ones for you Lauren, I hope you like it.   

Notes:
Mushrooms and form are two elements that I believe I am strongest at, and I think this shows in this piece. However as is probably obvious there is an element of the drawing that in not so happy with, namely the face. Faces are something I have always struggled with. I believe I could have done a better job but over all I am happy with the result. If the face is something that is seriously bothering you then try covering it up with your fingers, in fact try that even if it isn't bothering you.

I am currently working on a mushroom piece for my granddad's Birthday and hope to have it finished by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment