Welcome to my blog. Here is where I upload a recent collection of my works and provide a little bit of background detail to them. I am currently Really enjoying my drawing and will be using this space as an outlet for my creativity. My work tends to border somewhere between drawing and design and must be taken at face value. I do not claim to be fantastic (although feel free to call me that) but I enjoy what I do and I enjoy sharing it. Please feel free to leave any feedback on any of my posts, all interaction is appreciated. I hope you enjoy what you see.

Friday 30 August 2013

Maokai The Twisted Treant, Black Ink - Quick Sketch

Forth Entry: Maokai, The Twisted Treant

In my spare time (which I tend to have a lot of) I often play video games, yeah I know what your thinking. One of the games I used to play far too much of was "League of Legends", while the game is good the character design is even better. This following sketch is based on one of my favourite League of Legends characters, both in character and to play. I don't usual base my sketches on already existing material but today I was inspired and this is the result. 


Notes:
I enjoyed this piece and think that most of it went well, I very much regret the decision to use coloured pen however as I think it detracts from the style. I used a few techniques that I don't usually use and I feel I have developed them well. There are small elements of the sketch that I don't like but nothing worth noting. 


I am still working on some mushroom sketches and a couple of other pieces which I will upload as soon as they are finished. I hope you like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment