Welcome to my blog. Here is where I upload a recent collection of my works and provide a little bit of background detail to them. I am currently Really enjoying my drawing and will be using this space as an outlet for my creativity. My work tends to border somewhere between drawing and design and must be taken at face value. I do not claim to be fantastic (although feel free to call me that) but I enjoy what I do and I enjoy sharing it. Please feel free to leave any feedback on any of my posts, all interaction is appreciated. I hope you enjoy what you see.

Thursday 5 September 2013

Collection of Mushrooms, Black Ink - For Resource

Fifth Entry: Collection of Mushrooms

After playing with sketches of mushrooms for sometime I have decided I really like this subject matter. It's for this reason that I decided to draft up a small collection of mushroom designs that I can resource from in the future, allowing me to base further work off of them. Some of the sketches I drafted up were based themselves off of sketches in the past while some where new designs that I came up with while I drew them. The mushrooms themselves are not based on any kind of real mushroom but rather come straight from my imagination. So is the beauty of fantasy art.  



Notes:
I enjoy working with mushrooms a lot and as they are just ideas for resourcing the outcome itself was not of too much concern. Having said that I do like how they have come out and believe there is a varied selection from which I can reference in the future. There are several mistake in the detail and shaping but when I reproduce the designs I can easily edit these out. Overall I think this was a worthwhile activity and I am pleased with the outcome. 

My next project will be to develop another mushroom sketch in a slightly different style, utilising line and form . This piece may well be slightly abstract and I look forward to working on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment