Welcome to my blog. Here is where I upload a recent collection of my works and provide a little bit of background detail to them. I am currently Really enjoying my drawing and will be using this space as an outlet for my creativity. My work tends to border somewhere between drawing and design and must be taken at face value. I do not claim to be fantastic (although feel free to call me that) but I enjoy what I do and I enjoy sharing it. Please feel free to leave any feedback on any of my posts, all interaction is appreciated. I hope you enjoy what you see.

Thursday 5 September 2013

A Mass of Black Ink - Experimental Mushroom Peice

Sixth Entry: A Mass of Black Ink

While I was enjoying sketching mushrooms I felt I was exhausting the current style I was working with, so I decided to try something new. The idea was simple, use a larger amount of black ink and start to abstract the lines. I also decided to add some background, something I seldom do. Another element I introduced for this piece was the strong black border around the bottom (solid tree), leading to a thinner black border at the top (In the sky). While the picture wasn't particularly complicated I still spent a lot of time deciding where the pen would go, and also where the pen wouldn't go, leaving negative spaces to create shapes. While I had a clear idea of what I wanted to achieve this piece was still very experimental.


Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment